There are a number of critical sections in the Form 470. Completing these sections in a way that gets you the best possible future outcome can make a significant difference in the value of your broadband investment.
Ensure you select the appropriate function for the service your school district is seeking. A definition of these services has been provided.
- Leased Lit Fiber (with or without Internet Access)
- Point to point transport connection delivered over leased lit fiber
- Internet access service delivered over leased lit fiber
- Use your narrative to specify whether the request is for Internet access or point to point transport.
- Internet Access & Transport Bundled (Non-Fiber)
- Internet access service delivered over copper, wireless, or any type of non-fiber circuit
- DO NOT use this for a fiber based Internet connection
- Transport Only – No ISP Service Included (Non-Fiber)
- Point to point transport connection delivered over copper, wireless, or any type of non-fiber circuit
- DO NOT use this for any type of fiber circuit
- Internet Access: ISP Service Only (No Transport Circuit Included)
- Internet access service with no transport circuit
- Leased Dark Fiber and Leased Lit Fiber
- Use this for either a traditional dark fiber lease or an IRU
- Automatically includes leased lit fiber request per competitive bidding rules
- Self-Provisioned Network (Applicant Owned and Operated Network) and Services Provided Over Third-Party Networks
- Automatically includes additional request for services required by competitive bidding rules
- Network Equipment
- Use this function to request Category 1 eligible network equipment necessary to place leased dark fiber or self-provisioning into service.
- Maintenance & Operations
- Maintenance and operations services for leased dark fiber or a self-provisioned network
This field is used to enter the physical quantity of the service you are requesting. In most cases it will be the quantity of circuits, except for the following services:
- Internet Access: ISP Service Only (No Transport Circuit Included)- not applicable since there is no physical circuit with this service
- Leased Dark Fiber – quantity of fiber strands
- Self-Provisioned Networks – quantity of fiber strands
- Network Equipment – number of sites you need network equipment for
- Maintenance & Operations – number of circuits you need this service for
Enter the minimum bandwidth you require for this request. If you are unsure, a good guideline to use as a minimum is the 2014 FCC bandwidth goal.
Note: This field is not applicable for Leased Dark Fiber or Self-Provisioned service types. However, It is required for Network Equipment and Maintenance & Operations. In these cases, select the speed you are intending to light the fiber at on day one.
Enter the maximum bandwidth you will require within the life of the contract. If you are unsure, a good guideline to use as a maximum is the 2018 FCC bandwidth goal. EducationSuperHighway recommends you select a range of bandwidth speeds that will allow you to upgrade as district bandwidth demand grows.
Note: This field is not applicable for Leased Dark Fiber or Self-Provisioned service types. However, It is required for Network Equipment and Maintenance & Operations. In the case of Network Equipment, think about the expected life of the equipment and select a higher speed you would expect to upgrade to during this life cycle. For Maintenance & Operations, select the maximum speed you expect to have these connections operating at during the life of the service contract.
To ensure you can evaluate all costs equitably across any submitted bids, we recommend you select ‘Yes.’
If you expect special construction charges associated with a service request, it is recommended you select ‘Yes.’
If you select ‘No’ then you will not have to complete the next two questions.
Read more about the payment plan option here.
Using the two dropdown boxes, specify the range of years you would like for a payment plan. The first box is for the minimum and the second is for the maximum.
Select ‘Annual’ if you would prefer the payments to be in equal amounts billed once per year. Select ‘Monthly’ if you would prefer equal payments to be billed every month.