Purpose identifies how a district or school is using the broadband service they have applied for.
- Internet: An Internet access service that includes a connection from any school district site directly to the Internet service provider. View a short video on network terminology.
- Transport (to ISP): A data connection(s) from a school district’s hub site to an Internet service provider or state/regional network where the Internet access service is billed separately.
- Internet (no circuit): Internet access service with no circuit (data circuit to ISP or state/regional network is billed separately).
- Backbone: Backbone circuit for consortium that provides connectivity between aggregation points or other non-user facilities
- Transport ( WAN): A data connection between two or more sites entirely within a school district’s network. View a short video on network terminology.